We are offering home delivery in Bangalow and Byron Shire - Order now
COVID-19 FOOD DELIVERY SAFETY INFORMATION
Your Gourmet is taking every care to make sure the food we provide is prepared and delivered with the highest standard of hygiene
As of March 2020 Food Standards Australia New Zealand and NSW Government food authority state that there is no evidence that COVID-19 is transmitted through food. Despite this assurance, we are doing everything we can to make sure our staff and customers are safe.
Preventing the transmission of COVID-19 is very similar to the hygiene standards always used by Your Gourmet staff. We continue to use proper food handling methods and have increased our food safety practices:
- Sanitising the kitchen area before, during and after food preparation.
- Clean chef clothing and hair coverings are worn within the kitchen and hands are washed upon entering.
- Hands are washed when preparing foods, after going to the bathroom, and after touching the face or hair and after eating.
- Thorough cleaning and sanitising our kitchen, equipment, and transport vehicles including food contact surfaces and equipment, but also door handles, light switches, floors, walls, and other 'high touch' areas.
- A minimum number of chefs working on each shift to ensure appropriate social distancing in the kitchen. Our prep kitchen is large enough that chefs are at least 2 meters from each other at all times.
- Any worker with a suspected illness of any kind will be excluded from the workplace for 14 days or until cleared to return to work by their GP.
- Our drivers will not bring food inside your home. We will text when delivery is 15 minutes away to arrange delivery and leave meals at your door for you to bring inside. Drivers wear hats, masks and carry sanitising wipes to clean their hands, steering wheel and door handles between each delivery.
Please contact us if you have any questions about how we are keeping our chefs and our community safe in this challenging time.
For more information regarding COVID-19 see the following links: